USDA Field Reviewer - Living in California or Massachusetts
Manhattan Strategy Group (MSG) seeks part-time employee to serve as “Retail Store Reviewers” to perform store reviews. Reviewers will visit and assess retailer stores in or near their city of residence to document store conditions, collect food inventory count, capture photographs, and provide a general layout of the business. Reviewers will follow standardized inspection procedures to complete and document the inspections and electronically transmit the collected information to our secure system for review.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete initial and follow-up online orientation on how to perform store inspections properly
- Travel to assigned retailers and perform inspections of retail stores from your city of residence within a few days’ notice
- Introduce, present identification, and government documentation to store owner/manager for review
- Collaborate with the store owner/manager to collect data
- Document store conditions
- Perform inspections and take relevant pictures on your mobile device as part of inspection performance and documentation
- Perform inspections following guidance from project team leaders to ensure inspections are performed professionally and properly
- Accurately measure dimensions of a store
- Create a simple electronic sketch of the store layout
- Electronically transmit the information via smart app or desktop
- Access to high-speed internet and computer
- Preferred, but not required: Have a smart mobile device capable of installing and using an app that will be used to collect and transmit data collected during the store inspections (mobile device should not be older than 6 years old to reduce the likelihood of incompatibility with the inspection mobile app)
- Ability to access the internet via mobile application (preferred) or desktop to transmit data to MSG
- Ability and willingness to travel to stores in or around your city
- Willingness to travel to and perform inspections in areas that may include high crime or difficult to reach locations
- Ability to interact with people calmly and professionally, including store staff if they are not cooperative
- Good communications and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Flexible and able to easily shift priorities with a can-do attitude in a fast-paced, often changing environment
Daily access to and good working knowledge of:
- 18+ Years of Age
- Digital Camera or Smart Phone (iPhone 11, Samsung, or higher)
- Personal Computer, including the ability to upload photos to computers and websites Reliable High-Speed Internet
- Excellent communication/customer service skills, organizational ability, time management, and attention to detail and deadlines
- High School Diploma
While all applications are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Unlimited Earning Potential
- Ongoing, long-term work available
- Flexible schedule set your own hours
- Perfect extra income or part-time job
- Work weekends or weekdays
- 1099 worker status
- Monthly pay via secure direct deposit
Disclaimer: Cannot be actively involved with point of sale (POS) device sales or work involving merchant credit/credit card processing services.
EEO Statement: We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
Employment will be contingent on the outcome of a background investigation and reference checks. While all applications are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.